Two key websites go live
Insight launched two important corporate websites on Friday 7 August. Property for Industry’s new website builds solidly on the down to earth brand story, personality and muscular visual identity that we created and...
insight launched two important corporate websites on friday 7 august.
property for industry’s new website builds solidly on the down to earth brand story, personality and muscular visual identity that we created and launched early last year. it’s a highly complex site made to appear very simple to users, with distinct user journeys for their two separate audience groups. a data rich site, the intelligent back end database makes updating a plethora of property information a one-point-entry, dynamic exercise. the site elevates video to a key role in the communication toolkit of the site.
fletcher building re-work was a timely temporary upgrade while a full site re-vamp is meticulously planned. two quick fixes were employed: the first to make the site responsive and allow the content-duplicate separate mobile site to be retired – now fletcher building only have to update one content management interface; and the second, to redesign the home page completely to move it from static to newsy, topical, interesting and much more dynamic. it allows rapid deployment of important new stories and enables video content as well – all in a much fresher design.
pfi, fletcher building, website
Major law firm gets a rebrand
May saw two exciting developments for law firm, Meredith Connell. First, government announced that the firm had retained the warrant as Auckland's Crown Prosecutor after a lengthy - and much delayed - assessment...
may saw two exciting developments for law firm, meredith connell. first, government announced that the firm had retained the warrant as auckland's crown prosecutor after a lengthy - and much delayed - assessment process. and second, the firm's bold new brand was launched. it's difficult to be different in the higher echelons of new zealand law firms, but meredith connell were determined to express an explicit point of view and powerfully differentiated personality. you can see a full case study on the 'work' section of this site, and also have a look at the new website we launched as part of the new brand launch: www.mc.co.nz
brand, meredith connell, insight creative
IBBY Congress website goes live and gains instant plaudits
In less than 24 hours, this is the feedback received on the new IBBY Congress website that went live yesterday morning. The following is mostly from NZ so far, but some of this is from countries like Switzerland,...
in less than 24 hours, this is the feedback received on the new ibby congress website that went live yesterday morning. the following is mostly from nz so far, but some of this is from countries like switzerland, scandinavia and moldova!
see the site here.
feedback re ibby congress website
- congratulations and huge thanks to mike and his team. we simple could not be at this stage without his patience, ‘insight and creativity’. we, storylines and ibby congress planners, are very fortunate to have had his expertise and willing support.
- how absolutely wonderful, rosemary. thanks to mike and you for all the work that has made it one of the most wonderful websites for a conference i think i have ever seen!
- looks absolutely great – very clear and easy to access! a huge well done, mike and team. congratulations.
- fantastic rosemary – a huge milestone! will be sharing a lot – just saw it (and liked it) via frances on facebook!
- just brilliant!
- well done to mike and his team. have just cruised and perused the site and it is fabulous indeed. the look, the feel, ben’s illustrations, the enticing content, relating both to the conference and to nz as a destination.
- i agree! it looks really wonderful and the initial ideas still stand up superbly well. if i was 24 hours away i would want to come! (and the nz video has given me a great big lump in my throat … true pride! ). thank you rosemary, libby and all. thank you mike, it is brilliant!
- brilliant! congratulations to mike and his team. very easy to navigate and looks great
- looks wonderful – congrats to mike and his team. and to rosemary and libby for creating such compelling content.
- ditto. great job by mike and his team and supported by the committee
- completely gorgeous! how could anyone resist!
- beautiful! enticing, one would hope
- joining chorus of compliments for the website – looks fabulous, clean, user-friendly and very appealing. well done, all folks involved – especially to mike, who i gather has had something to do with it!
- thought you might like to know that it has gone out internationally. and my facebook post has been picked up by friends in australia and japan so far. amazing job, rosemary
- i have been exploring the website further and it is really excellent! the information is clear, comprehensive and easy to find, and the design is so clear and fresh. yes, it is fantastic! (ibby international president, lucerne, switzerland)
- congratulations! on a beautiful, easy to navigate, interesting and fun congress website. (ibby international coo, lucerne, switzerland)
- the website looks fantastic. the nz page with the 10 must see places looks great.
Charming new website for the IBBY Congress
With New Zealand hosting the 2016 IBBY Congress (International Board on Books for Young People), the oganisers needed to start generating some interest well in advance. With most prospective delegates coming from...
with new zealand hosting the 2016 ibby congress (international board on books for young people), the oganisers needed to start generating some interest well in advance. with most prospective delegates coming from the northern hemisphere, getting the commitment to attend was a potential barrier to financial viability. so leaning on the exotic pull of a visit to new zealand - tugging at the 'bucket list' opportunity - was the decided strategy. future iterations of the site will focus more fully on the attractions on the congress itself. but for now, an engaging and innovative one-page site that focuses on the tourism pull of new zealand has been designed to raise awareness, pique interest and encourage forward planning.
view the site here.ibby, congress, website
Web apps vs native apps
For those interested in the debate around whether native or web apps are the best approach, this article is very interesting. It argues in favour of web apps, but gives good insights on strengths and weaknesses of...
Web Design trends for 2013
Here’s an interesting and easily skimmable article on where web design is heading. Some ‘design’ stuff and a wee bit of more technical stuff, I reckon there’s something relevant in here for anybody looking at...
here’s an interesting and easily skimmable article on where web design is heading. some ‘design’ stuff and a wee bit of more technical stuff, i reckon there’s something relevant in here for anybody looking at reviewing their online presence this year.
such things as:
- mobile first design
- infinite scrolling
- whitespace & minimalism
- natural design elements
- big photography
- cleaner source code