What's going on under there?
- They have a mind set on understanding the bigger picture; working with strategic territories, insights and research to inform assured bolder design decisions. Strategic work helps to channel the client thinking and form a springboard to launch from.
- They're inquisitive, asking tough questions and looking at the answers from different points of view, which moves their thinking to openly see different possibilities, approaches and potential outcomes. Not simply what they personally see.
- They prioritise and then sequence their thoughts, using design to help the target audience focus on the core message.
- They keep things simple and succinct, separating the overarching idea from the tactical detail.
- They try different ways to present background thinking and creative ideas that relate to who they’re talking to.
- They listen and seek out constructive feedback, first making sure what they're working on is aligned to the brief and strategy but is also powerful, impactful, meaningful, and making a difference for clients and their audiences. Engaging hearts and minds, changing perceptions and driving actions. Side stepping personal fears and ego.
- They're openly team focused. Ultimately responsible for the solution's visual expression and how it behaves, but recognising that this only happens successfully when the whole team is focused on working hard for each other's success.
- They understand context, trends, business drivers, organised thinking, planning and have innate creative prowess.
ADAPT [uh-dapt] (verb). To adjust to the conditions or a new environment. To fit, change or modify something to make it suitable for a new use, purpose or situation. For many of us, we’ve now...
Adapt, Grow, Thrive
Today we move into Level 2 and begin the process of resuming life, and business, post the Covid crisis. With so much disruption and uncertainty, how do you begin to make sense of the road ahead to...
Get action-ready for Alert Level 3
From Tuesday 28 April we are moving to Alert Level 3. While many things will be the same – like working and learning from home - there are some significant changes. The week ahead is about ‘getting ready’ for the...
Planning for Level 3
As we move into the tail end of the 4-week Covid-19 lockdown, with many promising signs, we start to think about what happens next and how we’ll adapt to it. The four alert levels help us with our...